Today while at my current, non-counseling job I work while I am trying to obtain my master’s degree, I found myself musing over a handful of different thoughts. This is what came out of those musings:
– Life is extremely short, so spend your time wisely, instead of finding ways to “pass the time.” The phrase killing time never sat well with me, because in the end time always wins.
– Surround yourself with good people and beautiful things. Tastes, sounds, smells, textures, colors, views, memories, etc….that have a way of making you feel happy. Do not buy something if you do not love it as it will most likely go to waste in the end. Even if you have to save up for the thing you love, it will be worth it in the long run and the chance of it not ending up at Goodwill or in the garbage is much higher.
– Spend more time looking for the positive in life, because our natural human instinct is to focus on the negative. I have heard it said, anything worth having takes work. Since looking for the positive is not natural for most people it could prove to be hard work at first. Thanks to neuroplasticity, however, it is possible to train your brain to look for the positive, but expect it to take practice.
– Slow down! Take the time to notice the little things and how they make you feel. We are so rushed in this day and age, most of do not believe we have time to stop and smell the roses, so to speak. Make the time every day, in the long-run, it will make you more relaxed and happy.
– Take care of your mind as well as your body as they are the only vessel you will ever have. Be mindful of what you have, the better you take care it, the higher chance you will have of living a long life.
I am not sure where in my day I fit all of these thoughts in, as I was super slammed! I guess this just goes to show how passionate I am about life. How passionate I am about having a good life and trying to help others have a good life too!